It's almost the long weekend (for some!) so what does the weather have in store for May Day?
- Not as cold! - Temperatures improving to highs of 12 to 15C, warmest in eastern and southern parts on Sunday and Monday.
- Scattered showers Saturday - mostly in the west early morning, but some locally heavy bursts may break out in central-eastern parts by early afternoon.
- Rain at times Sunday & Monday - fronts moving in off the Atlantic will bring wettest conditions to the west, but small amounts reaching the east.
- Blustery winds - particularly Sunday & Monday as fronts move through, locally touching gale force in exposed coasts in west & north.
- Frost risk remains - greatest threat is Friday night into Saturday, then mostly confined to eastern England on Saturday night, but milder for all on Sunday night into Monday.
So there you go, it's not the best Bank Holiday Weekend forecast - but at least that bitter chill of recent days will ease. Enjoy it if you can!